What is Voice Movement Therapy?
- An opportunity to work on your voice within a supportive framework of non-judgement.
- A means to become more aware of habitual patterns of breathing, moving and vocalising that may be restricting your full expression.
- A way of exploring and extending your vocal capabilities beyond their current limits.
- An invitation to discover a broader spectrum of sounds and voices to better express your creative ideas.
- A means to connect to your own stories, issues and feelings in a less verbal, more embodied way.
- A practical and theoretical model synthesised by Paul Newham, from the pioneering work of key historical practitioners such as C.G. Jung, Alfred Wolfsohn, Roy Hart and Wilhelm Reich.
Please go to http://www.iavmt.org/whatisvmt.html for more information on VOICE MOVEMENT THERAPY.